For a quick screening analysis, you only need to supply the following information:
- Building Location (latitude and longitude)
- Building Class (FEMA 310 building class)
- Building Height (number of stories or total height)
- Year Building was Designed (building code year)
- Evaluation Lifetime (years under consideration)
ST-RISK™ references internal databases to complete the detailed description of building characteristics based on the five basic parameters. For example, the program will search a digitized soils and liquefaction database to find the appropriate site-specific geotechnical conditions.
ST-RISK™ will then use the design year to determine specific building characteristics typical for its construction type and design time period. Using the building type and height, ST-RISK™ will develop a fundamental building period and gather related information. Finally, ST-RISK™ conducts a quick seismic risk assessment based on these values.